Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend Recap

 Friday night Colton and I headed to Marshalltown to hang with my family for the weekend.  The ride there took FOREVER...45 minutes longer than usual due to the heavy rain we ran into.  We stopped once for about 10 minutes and then continued on when it let up a little, but everyone was only going about 35-40 on the interstate. 

Saturday morning my Mom had to work until noon and my Dad was out mowing, so Colton and I went to breakfast.  He said he wanted pancakes... I asked him where we should go, his answer "Taco Johns."  Taco Johns is always his answer to where he wants to eat-- no matter what type of food it is. Crazy boy!  

After Perkins we headed to the park to burn off some energy. It was the perfect morning- sunny and warm, but not too warm. He had a blast!


We went back to my parents do let him do some more playing outside...this time swimming!



After swimming snack

We rounded out our day by doing some shopping and then eating some pizza at Zenos.. a late birthday celebration for me since we weren't able to go the last time we were back.

  Sunday morning we got up bright and early to head back home to celebrate Father's Day with Mike.  That post to come next! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment