Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Baseball and a black eye

Whew....Summer sure is here!! We've been enjoying the warm weather each night with lots of time outside playing baseball, Colton riding his bike and watering the garden...lots since it is so dry! We are thankful for the warm weather but sure could use a few rainy days!

I am now 18 weeks pregnant- crazy how fast this time around is going! I haven't taken a belly picture yet, mostly because either it will be me taking it of myself or Colton trying to attempt to capture me, yet alone my growing belly since Mike is busy working out in the fields.  I hope to do one soon.

 Colton reminds me often my belly is getting big. He is going to be such a good big brother... he is very excited and loves to practice with the new baby that started at Dian's recently.  I walked in yesterday while Dian was rocking the baby to sleep and found Colton in his own rocker, rocking a doll to sleep while letting it use his blankie. So cute :)


We went to a grill out Memorial Day weekend and Colton ended up with this....
his first black eye!

Above was the morning after and below was a few days after. 

Poor guy was playing with his friend and happened to get too close while his friend was swinging a baseball bat.  Luckily, it was just a black eye and nothing else! My stomach dropped instantly- this was the first thing that has happened to him other than little things.  I am sure it is not last time I will get that feeling having a son!  Especially one that is scared of nothing and always is going.


The scene at our house nightly..... throwing the ball up and hitting it up the hill. I should count some time how many trips he makes up and down that a night. If only I had that much energy :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment